Saturday, September 5, 2009

From Heathrow to the Hostel

Left Boise at 7.30am Thursday. Flew to Chicago, flew to Boston. Had a three hour lay-over, boarded at the back of the plane, sat next to teenage boys, couldn't sleep, watched Angels and Demons, landed. Grabbed bags (broke a nail), hauled them to a cab, whose driver thought I didn't know anything about London and so ripped me off by driving through South Ken to get to Hampstead. Found out the hostel doesn't take credit cards, so need to get to the bank quick. Rent due tomorrow. Money in my wallet? £8. ish.

Basic panicky feelings, have taken too much Ativan and can barely function. Need to get to the Apple store in Oxford Circus, unlikely for obvious reasons. Will try cheap Target adapter and hope for the best.

Dorm room = amazing. Very large with a very nice view. And open windows! My roommate has geraniums and a friendly disposition. Her name is Stephanie, she's from Zimbabwe. Will post pictures when I am sane enough to do so.

Living off £1 Tesco pasta, carrots, and chocolate milk (which I spilled all over myself last night). Sleep hit again, batteries dying, will write more when I have presence of mind.

Love and miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing very well considering the circumstances :) It's so good to hear from you, and I can't wait to hear more. How do you like Hampstead so far? How does it compare to South Ken? I'm glad your room is nice.

    Ah, the cab drivers. They're a joy.

    I'm thinking of you! <3

    ReplyDelete