School's been taking up a lot of my time. There's a lot of reading to get through, and projects are starting. Vikki has spent the last couple of days teaching us botany and getting us ready to make our leaf books. I have to figure out how I'm going to press mine... and also where to get the rest of the ones I need... ha ha...
Lynne, the director of our school, taught our Songs and Poetry lesson - amazing! We're doing children's songs and getting packets of poetry about every subject. It's very cool. Hopefully I'll be able to actually remember some of them.
This weekend has been good in terms of, "I haven't been sitting on my ass inside for three days". Friday, Bea and Ozzy and I went to some fancy bar in Trafalger and then headed to Brick Lane. Lots of walking + fancy heels = feet that hurt even two days later. Bad news. Saturday was fun and chill, considering I couldn't walk to save my life. Although I did manage to win a bottle of wine off Juliane because she dared me to eat a disgusting spoonful of chicken and bacon that was in our soup at lunch. Totally worth it.
Spent the day watching movies, first with Bea and this guy from the hostel; then Jennie from Wales and another dancer whose name I can't spell. And then another movie with some guys downstairs - with the wine. Awesome.
So if you've been checking up on this blog, you might've been thinking, "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Well, I have been good about updating, thank you very much. It's just that the internet at Hyelm is terrible. So. This whole entry, prior to this paragraph, was written two days ago.
School has been good, though the lectures are long. Theory is tough when you want to get straight to the hands-on work. But, theory first. We're stocking up on poems, stories, and songs so that when we start our observations and teaching practice in real Children's Houses, we'll have something to do with them. Tomorrow I need to have a story and I have noooo clue what that's gonna be. Ohhhh well. Such is life.
I've also finally gotten around to leaf pressing, which has taken over my Sherlock Holmes, Volume One :( I can't read it anymore as it is full of plants. Sad day, indeed. I am also currently doing laundry. Woohoo!
Life, for the most part, is gettin' on as it normally does.
On a side-note: I LOVE GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo
"This weekend has been good in terms of, 'I haven't been sitting on my ass inside for three days'"
ReplyDeleteThat IS good. If you're adjusting to something or going through something or having a hard time for whatever reason, it's good when you even just get up and DO something. So good for you!
Sorry that we bother you for blog updates. You must understand that we are terribly jealous and to keep ourselves from wanting to kill you for daring to go back to London without stuffing some of us in your suitcase, we must instead live vicariously through you. Therefore we depend on your blog posts for sustenance :)