Friday, December 18, 2009

The Christmas Adventure: Part One

It has been ages since I've posted anything, but what can I say? School requires more time than I'm properly giving it, and in between homework and sleep I try to shove in some kind of life. In the last month (or since I last updated), Yves and Ozzy have gone back home; Sam, Natasa, Lee, and I had Thanksgiving dinner at the convent hostel; we celebrated Bonfire Night on the Heath; and practiced our drinking skills whenever we had money. I also changed rooms and have gotten no sleep because Rachel and I have waaaay too much fun together, lol.

School is over for winter break now; I got a surprise ticket home for Christmas, which is why I am currently sitting on the floor in SFO waiting for another flight. I should've been home last night but they canceled our flight due to fog - and not even San Francisco fog, IDAHO fog. Idaho fog? Really? Luckily, I was able to spend the night at Grandma's, but I've now been awake for 5 hours after 23 awake and just a couple of sleep. I'm ready to pass out, but there's still another hour to wait before my flight boards.

Also, Montanna doesn't know I'm coming home, as far as I know. I'm looking forward to seeing her face.

It snowed on Wednesday before Sam and I left! We had a perfect day out in the snow. Well, minus the fact that I had no boots or gloves and was absolutely soaking, but still...

I'm so excited to get back to Boise. I need to see the dogs and Thomas, eat good real Mexican food, cook, wrap presents, visit with Allison, and go to the dentist (woohoo).

Noteworthy: I kept saying "home" referring to Boise. The second the plane left London, I began calling it "home" too. But it's true, I have two homes, and it depresses me that I can't be in both at the same time. Can someone figure out how to do that?

Thanks.

Happy Christmas :)
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. We've had some fog in Reno too. So weird!

    Glad you get to be home (well, at least one of your homes!) and see your family for Christmas! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete